2018 Chicago Open “More Swiss” PairingsMay 12, 2018
USA vs. Japan Team Members
- Victor Ashkenazi (Captain)
- Petko Kostadinov (Captain)
- Matt Cohn-Geier (Captain)
- Neil Kazaross
- Steve Sax
- Jacob Rice
- Lynda Clay
- Marci Kossar
- Jeff Spencer
- Ray Bills
- Masayuki Mochizuki (Captain)
- Michihito Kageyama (Captain)
- Akiko Yazawa (Captain)
- Daisuke Katagami
- Takayuki Hino
- Yuji Ogura
- Kazuko Numazawa
- Hideki Tosaka
- Masato Shimomoto
- Shuto Takagi
USA vs. Japan Tournament Format
Thursday, May 24, 2018 — USA vs. Japan Stage 1
- 7-Point Match
- Team members play the first 7-point match
- DMP Matches
- Team members play 4 DMP matches (2 opponents, 2 matches vs. each opponent)
- Team members play 2 Speedgammon matches (2 minutes total reserve time, 10 second delay) (2 opponents, 1 match vs. each opponent)
- Against 1st opponent, team members will play 2 matches. Each match will start a score of 2-away, 4-away. Each player will start once at each score.
- Against 2nd opponent, team members will play 2 matches. Each match will start a score of 3-away, 6-away. Each player will start once at each score.
- Backgammon Quiz
- Team members will take a 24-question backgammon quiz.
- 7-Point Match
- Team members play the second 7-point match
Friday, May 25, 2018 — USA vs. Japan Championship Stage
- 15-Point Match
- USA and Japan will both split into three teams with one Captain on each team. The teams will be paired up against each other creating three USA vs. Japan team matches. Each pairing will play a single, full-consulting 15-point match.
- The country that wins two out of the three 15-point matches will be crowned the winner of USA vs Japan.